Bled is located approximately 50 kilometers south of the border with Austria. The Karavanke protect it from cold winds from the north.
The healthy, mild climate and hot springs could become a fashionable spa town of Bled, the imperial era.
There were aristocrats, bohemians, officers and captains of industry.
Well worth a visit to this city is also famous for its lake. The Bled Lake is two miles long and one kilometer wide. The sea temperature in summer reaches 24 degrees.
In the middle of the lake lies the island of Marie. Boatman to row over visitors on request.
99 steps lead up to the 1650 church was built, before there is a free-standing bell tower. In former times, instead of the Church Slavonic worship. Graves in the cemetery still testify.
The church is a popular wedding church. Above the altar hangs a bell-rope, and when you ring the bell three times can be, should be fulfilled a long cherished desire.
High up, high on a rocky plateau 140 meters to the north of Lake Bled, the bishops castle. It was first mentioned in 1004. Until the abolition of serfdom in 1849 it was 800 years the home of the Bishops of Brixen. Today it is owned by the state and houses a museum.
Below the castle, the lake, stands the church of St. Martin, which was built in 1904.
On the south shore of Lake Bled, built in the early 20th Century, the royal family Windischgrätz a magnificent castle in the interwar period of the Serbian royal family went through.
In 1938 the castle demolished and built a villa, which was from 1947 until his death in 1980, the summer residence of the head of state Tito. Since 1984 it has been used as a hotel.
The building in the style of New Objectivity exudes cool sophistication.
Around the lake out a road and a footpath. On a sunny Sunday in spring are also many locals walk here. Some coffee houses and pastry shops invite you to linger. Recommended are the Radenska mineral water here and the famous cream cakes.